For many in this day and age it may seem like Hotmail Messenger should be a thing of the past. The fact is though that a lot of people are still using it or want to use it. Some simply just don’t know how to get it and download it to there device. If you are one of those people who just don’t like using Messenger anymore this post is not for you. However for those loyal users who still use Hotmail we have decided to go ahead and put this post up.
Getting the right download instructions can be very tricky these days with all the harmful malware and viruses out there. We wanted to make sure we get you the information you need without having to worry about if this is an actual download of something to trick you into adding something harmful to your PC, laptop or smartphone.
If you surf the internet you will find that the instructions as to how to download messenger for Hotmail to be a little tricky especially if you go through a third party site. We want to make sure you don’t have to worry about getting the wrong download so you can go here to go directly to MSN to get the correct program. Just remember though that while you want to get Hotmail MSN is moved it to Skype and once you sign up and download Windows Live Messenger is will move all your contacts to Skype.
MSN Messenger (Hotmail) was one of the biggest and best IM software for years. While now it may be a lot smaller by comparison to Google and Yahoo’s messengers it was designed for the best chatting experience in its heyday. It’s very easy to use and has a lot of customization though it lacks VoIP features.
Here are the steps on how to download MSN Hotmail Messenger for those who really want manual instructions:
- First visit MSN.com and click on the messenger icon(Skype) in the top right corner of your screen.
- Now you want to click on the download button and download it to your device.
- You will get a window that will now ask you if you want to save or run the program.
- Click Save.
- One you have downloaded the program you see the toolbar that signals the download complete.
- Now that its downloaded you want to click the tool bar and “show file.”
- Find the saved file and double click on it.
- Next you will see that a window is loading and it will soon give you the option to install it.
- Once the option appears click “install.”
- You will notice that once the program is finished installing it will now ask you for your Hotmail login and password.
- When that has been entered and verified it will bring up your information and sync your contacts.Remember though that now MSN messenger is now going to sync up with Skype.
- Have fun and if you are not familiar with Skype visit them here to learn more.
There you have the information you need to download and add MSN messenger (now Skype) to your device. It’s pretty easy to follow the step and if you just want to skip the whole manual process you can just go to the here and download it. We try do make it easy to download as possible and point you to the actually company sites if possible. Many times however you will need to go through third party sites to get the things you are looking for. If you do make sure you do some research on your own before downloading things to your device. Be careful of sites that look spammy and harmful as you don’t want to download any type of harmful programs that could harm your device or steal your personal information.